Monday, January 1

Adieu 2006


The last day of the year, when people decide to start wrapping up the old times and get ready for the new times ahead – the passing of a year that has brought laughter and tears and yes, loads of drama!!!
I shifted from Mumbai to Chennai this year (transferred in October) and so-far it has been quite a ride.
Of course the transfer meant me getting back to my roots and living again with my parents – which at that time I thought were very do-able.
I am not yet climbing up the walls in a desperate attempt to escape, but it does become slightly suffocating at times. No person who is not an Indian girl living in Chennai will understand this feeling, when every step you take, every breath you take etc etc etc will be dictated by the elders of the family.
Curfews to adhere to during the weekends and force-feeding marathons at meals have helped me in gaining two things:
a) The fascinating art of making the most fantastic stories which, when heard by my friends, send them into tears as my family swallows them whole
b) About 20 pounds excess weight thanks to the aforesaid force-feeding!

A couple of people have been bugging me about the resolutions that I propose to take and for their benefit, I have listed them here:
a) Lose those 20 pounds!!!!! And of course the other extra stuff I already had
b) Try and cut down the booze
c) Become a mean performing machine at the workplace (and for the wise-cracks out there, I do work you know!)

I think I already know exactly in what order I am going to be breaking these unfortunately!

No comments: