Monday, July 30

Ramblings

Ever got the feeling that things could be a dash better when it comes to life, here you are, going your own way, doing your own thing, when, something comes out of the blue to gobsmack you on your face, turning your beliefs inside out!
A cousin visited us yesterday, (of late it has been pouring relatives in our house), with her seven month old son, to visit my grandmother, who had returned to Chennai after a long time.
The poor mite was suffering from a cold and the mewls were pretty heart breaking, and everyone was fussing around. Now, I have never been handy around kids, I just do not know what to do with them. But this thing tore at me, he seemed to blame the adults around, almost bawling out, "Why don't all you lummoxes do something to cure me?", and I remembered how I would expect my mum to make everything alright when I was a kid, she was my invincible Goddess, and no one could hurt me as long as she was there.
Now I look across as she croons at her grand-nephew and see the longing in her eyes, and I know I am condemned, its not going to stop anymore with just "Get married soon", its soon going to be "Give us a grandchild soon"!!!
And inspite of all my hangups on marriage, I guess I do have something to look forward to, a little bundle of joy, the funny thing is, until yesterday, it was precisely this that made me say "No" to marriage all this time.

1 comment:

sai said...

hmmmmm........