Monday, February 5

The Deathly Hallows

I am one Harry Potter freak, the minute HBP was released, I was there fighting through the crowd to pick the book.
So when JKR announced the title of the seventh book (and the last in the series), a friend of mine called me to check if I had heard the news.
Once I heard the title, I was like, "No way....that sounds sinister!!"
I had a huge attack of goosebumps and my office peon asked me if I wanted him to increase the temperature of the room a bit, and I had to tell him I was not reacting to the cold.
I have been reading up on the series again, preparing to sharpen my mind and trying to guess what is going to happen.
Half the fun in reading a book like HP is guessing and seeing if we were right, especially when the author is of the calibre of JKR..the innocuous takes on meaning with her tales and things a reader would just skip as unimportant comes up later to have been an important clue. That told, there have been red herrings too and now that people have begun to analyse almost every word in the series, there are a number of theories floating around , some logical and some just downright bizarre (come on people, Snape and Lily!!! Really!!!!!)
So I thought I would just quickly recap questions that will be answered/need to be answered in the last book-
1) The big one - Is Snape really evil or is he a person who has sacrificed everything for the greater good (I belong to the group who believe that Snape is the good guy here)
2) What is special about Harry having Lily's eyes?
3) Who is the squib who will perform magic in desperate situations? (Note JKR did not specify that the person is a squib, just that one person will do so)
4) Who is RAB? (Popular theory - Regulus Black)
5) Where are the remaining Horcruxes? (Is the locket at Grimmauld place the Slytherin locket?)
6) What is the sixth horcrux?
7) Will Harry die in the last book? (My gut feeling is a no, but I am biased)
8) Who are the two characters who die in the book (JKR revealed that she did not expect them to in the beginning, I am strongly inclined towards a Weasley dying this time - Percy or Charlie to be precise)
9) Who is the new DADA teacher?
10) Will Harry return to Hogwarts this year (will it even open this year?)
11) How is the two-way mirror coming into play in this book?
12) Will Neville become a Hogwarts teacher (JKR has comfirmed that one of the students will become a teacher later, my tip is its either Neville or Hermione)
13) Will Draco survive?
14) What is the role of Kreacher in this book ? (I think he will have an important role here)
These are some questions, I will add more as I think of them.
All I know is, its gonna be an exciting July with the release of the OOTP movie and the DH book.

1 comment:

HarryRowling said...

Love the books
want answers read my blog and leave a question
I will answer